First part of August was hot, and then there were a couple weeks that cooled down, to the point we had to wear light sweaters at night. First part of August was also the Olympics (if you were under a rock and were not aware of this). We were invited to watch the opening ceremonies with two other couples from my church. The opening ceremonies are very long and we all nearly fell asleep, but we made it through.
The final week of the month, school started again. It was a headache to scramble to get everything settled at the university, as one of my courses got canceled, so I had to fill the slot with a different one to keep my full-time status in order to qualify for the financial aid funding I was granted. The main problem was my work schedule wouldn't allow for any of the other classes being offered, so I had to opt for an independent study class. I have a professor I meet with one on one every couple of weeks Lawrence signed up for a guitar class once a week on one of the nights I have class.
This is a short one, mostly because we didn't do much out of the ordinary and I should be doing schoolwork.
![]() |
| We got fresh peaches from the neighborhood farmer's market |
![]() |
| So of course I made a pie. |
Farewell, Summer!





No comments:
Post a Comment